Monday, January 7, 2008

this boy...

Is leaving tomorrow for Outdoor Ed (science camp) for four days. I know he is really excited about it, but me not so much. I really don't want him to go for various reasons, one being that he means that he is in 5th grade, growing up way too fast. I can't seem to stop it or slow it down. I feel like he is slipping away from us....

And another reason I don't want him to go is that it is up in the local mountains that are filled with snow and they are taking a chartered bus up and I just want all of them to be safe...I cannot actually type the words that I am feeling about that since I just read a news story about a chartered bus in Utah that crashed....

I will just pray that they have a safe, fun trip....maybe anyone that reads this can say a prayer too.... thanks.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

caroline o said...

We will pray for Tanner and his classes safety. I will put him on our prayer request at church too. He will have a great time and lots of fun memories for him. Don't stress, everything will be just fine (sounds like Susan huh)

Anonymous said...

he will have such a fun time...wish I was going..do you think they have room? hee hee, but I hear you about them growing up tooo fast. I wish they would slow down...my girl will be in her last year of elem school next year..I can't believe that. I will hope for Tanner safe return home to his Mama's arms...wish I was going...

ellie

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelley, I have been there, three times already. He will be fine. Believe me it is much harder on us than on them. He will come back tired, and dirty, and very appreciative of all that you do for him. They usually love the food though. I will say a prayer that he stays safe, but I know he will be fine. You on the other hand...
hang in there!