Monday, January 21, 2008

*Love*

Isn't this the cutest thing? Caroline made it for me and I love it! :)

Caroline & Mike, Cami & Chris (and children) came over on Saturday for dinner. It was fun to hang out- we haven't done that in so long...I was so tired on Sunday, stayed up too late and probably had my fair share of red wine... ;) Thanks for the fun time guys!!!

Tanner was supposed to have a baseball game on Sunday in Garden Grove- (a tournament) at 4:00. Riley & I drove him there, dropped him at the front of the fields and went to park-it took us all of 2 minutes to park and walk to the field. We get there and I see a table set up with pictures from the previous day and I find Tanner's team and start looking at them. Then we decide we should find where their team is warming up so we walk around the fields (there are only two fields with teams on them). Cannot find them- go back to the snack bar area and stand & wait. I am thinking they will be there any minute. We walk around the fields again. We walk to the park across the way. I go to my car to get my phone and call Tanner- my phone is dead. We walk to the snack bar again and I ask where the Blue Jays are playing. A guy says, "oh, the coach cancelled the game- they didn't have enough players". (then he proceeds to tell me how mad he is at our coach). I say to him, "okay, whatever, but I dropped my son off here and parked and now I cannot find him!!" Luckily, one of the ladies let me use her phone to call him. We must have tried to call him 5-6 times- finally I get an answer. I ask him where he was- he says "at home"- What???? How did you get there? It seems that another family from the team was there as well, and he went home with them!!! I am livid. I couldn't wait to get home & talk to him. He says he didn't know I was parking the car? and that I was staying- he thought I was just dropping him off...right.....I am going to drive all the way drop him off, drive home so that I can turn around & drive back to watch the game...sure. Kids..
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shelley! That would be so scary! I'm glad he was okay. I hate that horrible feeling when you can't find your child, even temporarily. I'm so glad you got to have fun with your friends. And that banner is really wonderful! Ellie told me about your blog. It is really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How scary! They just don't get it sometimes. I am glad he was okay. Thank goodness for cell phones, huh?
I love your sign!