Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Birthday Parties

I have two to prepare for. Tanner's is coming up first on February 1st. He wants to have a sleep over with 10 of his friends (10 & 11 year olds) Do I really want to subject myself to a night of no sleep? NO! Last year after he had the entire football team plus 8 friends from school over for a party I told him & Riley no more parties. The time & expense is just ridiculous! Not to mention we usually take them out for dinner with grandparents ...just too expensive. I don't know what to do for Tanner. He cannot narrow down a list of friends to just 2- to maybe go to the movies or something.

Now, Riley has never had a sleepover, so I *think* we are going to let her have one- she wants 8 to 10 girls over - she wants to have hair & make up done. I have called around- it ranges from 22.50 to 27.50 per person to have this done. So I called a gal that does Princess parties (she did two parties for Riley before) and will also do Diva/Glamour parties- she is $350.00 and that is with me doing the make up while she does hair!! I don't know what to do...why can't I just say NO we are not doing big parties????

2 comments:

caroline o said...

okay do not pay for that - we can do it. I'm serious, they are going to go to sleep anyway.

Gabrielle Mader said...

Ok...as far as the big parties go...my DH says I go way overboard. So I say for the big birthdays...like 5,10,13 we do big parties....then the other birthdays they can either have a big birthday party OR an expensive present. Last year Madison wanted a TV for her room. So she got that. This year MacKenzie wants to go to the American Girl party so that will be a big party with a very small present. MacKenzie did have a Diva Party where they did hair and nails and I hired my "the MOms". One one was great with hair, she did the hair..an older tween sister did nails. Another was the fashion photographer...It was a lot of fun....I served champange in little glasses..if you want more details let me know...good luck..hey are you going go Darci's on the second of feb?