Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ears Pierced....

Last week Riley got her ears pierced for her 8th birthday...We went to the mall and got it done. She has been so diligent about turning the earrings and putting the solution on her ears... Right after she got them pierced we realized that she was not supposed to have earrings in when she plays softball. The girl who pierced her ears said that there was something you could buy that you could put in the ear instead of the earring during games, but they, of course, were all out.

Over the weekend we went to another Claire's and this store didn't really know what I was talking about, but I bought something that looked like it would work. It didn't. Yesterday Riley had a game and she ended up taking the earrings out. She had them out for maybe 2 hours and we couldn't get those suckers back in her ears...it was like they closed up already. While we wre trying to put them back in she was screaming like we were killing her. I ended up icing her ears so she wouldn't feel it and had to push the earring through again....poor kid, when we were done her ears were beet red!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

caroline o said...

Oh my - that is horrible. what is it and I can check the claires down here

Anonymous said...

Oh poor thing. Been there, done that. Amanda has had her ears pierced three times because of softball, they make her take them out everytime. We finally gave up until high school.:(

Anonymous said...

She's so cute...and smiling now. I'm sorry - but I would have told the coach that the earrings COULD NOT be taken out. Course I'm getting really mouthy in my old age, you know....