Monday, April 7, 2008

I always thought that I would be able to be objective when it came to my kids and them having problems with friends, but boy have I been tested in the last couple of months.

The kids haven’t actually said they are upset about friends, it is me who is. One of Riley’s friends is having a sleepover b-day party (like Riley did a few weeks ago). This girl was at Riley’s party, but Riley was not invited to hers, she could only invite 5 girls and she wasn’t one of them. (had it been last year she would have been there). I know that kids go thru phases with friendships, especially at this age, but it is still hard. Riley seems okay with it, but I know it hurt her feelings.

Same thing with Tanner, some weeks it seems like he gets a ton of invites to go places & do things and then other weeks, nothing. Now, I know it bugs him, because I can see it in his face & his actions, but he won’t talk about it and if I push too hard, boy does he get mad!

I hate worrying about it, I wish that I could always protect them from the hurts of the world….so what does this picture have to do with what I just wrote?....... Nothing... I just like it! :)
Posted by PicasaMaui-12/2007

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Awwweeee. I can hear the pain in your voice. Kids are so resilient though. BTW, I love Jake's expression in this photo, so cute!