Monday, March 3, 2008

Saturday

This past Saturday was the school fundraiser for Tanner & Riley's school. It was held at the Irvine Marriott-a James Bond theme.

We bid on a few baskets and got three of them- just what we need more wine and Fox kid's t-shirts. The amount of money that comes out of the Live auction is incredible. I cannot believe the wealth of some of the families at that school.

I think this will be our last time attending the function, the fact that our oldest has been going to school there for 6 years and some people still cannot bring themselves to even smile at you or acknowledge the fact that they have seen you at the school, let alone our kids have been in the same class, really, really bugs me.

I would rather have been at our favorite restaurant or at Twisted Vine - the kids spent the night at my dad's and I feel like I wasted a night out because we went to the fundraiser....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Cute! Funny comment on winning the baskets. I feel the same way when attending my sister's work's silent auction. "Oh great! ANOTHER Mikasa bowl." lol I know I shouldn't be bidding on stuff I don't need, but it's addicting! lol