Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Que Pasta

Doesn't that look good? I found this on Rachael Ray's website...I think I might have to make it, even though I heard her recipes aren't always that tastey...

4 poblano chiles
Salt
1 pound farfalle (bowtie) pasta or whole wheat penne rigate pasta
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (1/2 palmful)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander (1/2 palmful)
Pepper
2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or a mix of cheddar and queso fresco cheeses
2 small vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 avocado, cut into small cubes
4 scallions, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
And then there was this table setting...Rachael says that she got stuff for the table at the dollar store....what dollar store does she go to??? I need to know, because I think this would be the perfect setting when I have to have the gourmet dinner at my house....I think she called this the Dine & Zen setting or something like that. Although then I would have to serve Asian type food, huh? Not my favorite...anyone have any suggestions?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gloria Ives said...

Love that table setting. Your blog is fun! Like the content and your obviously Positive attitude. Keep it up. Your presence in and of itself will inspire others t do the same.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify
your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler."
~ Henry David Thoreau

Anonymous said...

Hi Shell....your yummy pasta recipe for the gourmet dinner - same table setup but with grapes instead of whatever those nut-looking things are......olives in jars.....italian plates....

Cristina said...

Oohhh, yummy looking recipe. Thanks for sharing. Love that place setting too.

Anonymous said...

That pasta looks so good. I have never heard anything about RR's recipes... inter,esting.
I love the table and yeah what dollar store is she shopping at? I hope you are feeling more "up" today. Eat some pasta that'll make you feel better!