Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Busy

Saturday was the start of the busy season for us....It was opening day ceremonies for both baseball and softball, and it was also picture day for both! So starting at 8:00 am we had pictures, opening ceremonies, pancake breakfast, scrimmages, back to the softball field for pictures at 1:00 for Riley and a cancelled game because of rain....














And in between all that, I had (or we, and I say we, very loosely) to make a dish for a gourmet dinner party with 5 other couples - it was a "Night in Napa". Our recipe was Grilled Asparagus and potatoes with Beet Basil dressing. Not too hard right? Well, see that juicer? Yeah, I was to take 6 large beets and juice them for 2 cups of beet juice- sure...I juiced 3 of them at this point and I had 1/4 cup of juice...there was no way I was going to get 2 cups. I improvised but the dressing was blah....the vegetables were good, but the time and energy it took to make the dressing was a waste. A fun night though. Stayed up too late chatting with everyone and got up too early on Sunday....

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gabrielle Mader said...

Wow...check out those uniforms..are's are so plain. Well I hope you had a good time at the party...