Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yellowstone Park


Here are a couple of shots from Yellowstone. We took a day and drove around the Park. And let me tell you-it takes more than a day to see everything. This is a geyser that went off as we were walking by it- so very cool. The picture does not do it justice. We were waiting for Old Faithful to erupt- which happens every 90 minutes or so....







This buffalo was VERY close-he was just walking down the side of the road- we leaned out and took a picture. I read in the paper that a 12 yr old boy & his family got out and approached a group of buffalo and the boy was thrown by one of the buffalo- had to go to the hospital I believe. They tell you to stay away, but people don't like to listen.












So here we are at the Lower Falls- (behind us). We had to hike 538 steps down steep, and I mean steep steps to get there. My legs were shaking by the time we crawled, I mean climbed back up. I am so out of shape.


These shots all came from my little digital camera. I have a ton more on my film camera.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Temeculamom said...

This looks like such a wonderful vacation! I have never seen a geyser or a live buffalo. That is very cool!

Gabrielle Mader said...

This looks like a great vacation....how fun, campfires, horses, rivers...yellowstone. We drove to Yellowstone when I was little...we drove across country all the way to Arkansas where my daddy was from. We saw the Tetons and a Geyser and Buffalo too...

Man is that Larry a Handy Guy....now it looks like you need to have us over for a Lemon Drop...so you get use out of that Bar..if looks fabulous...

Cristina said...

Very cool Shelley! Did you count the steps?! lol Sounds like you guys had a great time.