Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer

this is a picture from last Thursday...Mark took the kids down to the beach in the afternoon and I met them there after work. Even though he forgot to bring a change of clothes for me, it was still nice & relaxing to sit in my beach chair,(even if I was in work pants!) and watch the kids play in the water. We got a fire pit and had hamburgers over the grill.

Nice evening - too bad we didn't do more of that before August started.

Now, I feel like our summer is over since we have Football & Cheer - EVERY DAY! I really like that the kids are involved in this but by the end of the first week I think our whole family is exhausted from all the running around we do. 3 kids, 3 different fields that they practice on....fun driving all around Tustin...ha ha.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

cami w said...

Glad you guys had fun! I know what you mean about summer feeling over -- but no football or cheer for us this year. The kids are all playing soccer, which was fine by me since I signed all 3 up for less than if I'd signed just Parker for football! Parker said he wanted to try all different things while he was still young.....HELLO - he's 8!

Keep blogging, I finally figured out how to respond!
Cami

Anonymous said...

Seriously, where did the summer go. Once you get done with one sport it's on to the next. Whatever happened to the days of just being bored, like we were? Hmmph!
Grant had his first flag football practice today. Here we go...

Gabrielle Mader said...

I hear ya Shelly..this summer went so incredibly fast....