Monday, August 17, 2009



Why do weekends always go so fast?

We had a rather full weekend of running here and there, as usual. Riley had cheer camp and then left from there to go to Palm Springs with her friend for 2 days. The boys both had scrimmages- one in Brea and one in Palos Verdes! So, of course, we didn’t see both games.

Riley loves cheerleading and is a flyer in her stunt group, while she was at the cheer camp this weekend she watched another girl fall flat on her face, so I was told by another mom that Riley refused to participate in the stunting after that. Since I haven’t seen her since Saturday, I need to find out the scoop on that one tonight.

Tanner had a great game (so we were told by the coach). He scored once and almost a 2nd time – but, as usual, we missed Tanner’s game. After the game we met up with him & his team for pizza. The boys always go outside and hang out after they eat. I guess, while they were horsing around out there, Tanner fell onto his side running up some concrete stairs. He never said anything to us until about 10:00 pm that night when he couldn’t sleep because his chest hurt. We told him to go to sleep he would be better in the morning. When he woke up the next day he was in pain and said he hadn’t slept. So I took him to urgent care for x-rays. The doctor said he just has a contusion and not to do anything physical for a few days….Not sure how his coaches will like that one.

Jake had a great scrimmage too. He pulled 3 flags- I think the same amount he pulled all last season. He was so happy! And I owe him $3.00 – last year he had a lot of trouble catching up to the fast ball carriers, so last year we gave him this incentive and he made a few dollars off of us. Before Saturday’s game he asked if I would pay him $5.00 for a flag, I told him no, just $1.00…good thing! Maybe I should just make it .50 cents a flag???

Jake at his scrimmage- he is the one with the scraggly, blonde hair... :) and new white cleats!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

caroline o said...

soren was so excited to see Jake's football - he loves to read blogs over my shoulder, he always says "is this a blog of someone you don't know?"...if Mike reads this post he will say "see that is why we didn't have 3 kids" - ugh!! Hang in there I'm sure it will get worse..

Anonymous said...

I guess I have to read your blog to find out what is going on. Can I have a football schedule? So Jake still has the wind blowing through his hair! LOL

Anonymous said...

Busy weekend! I'm tired just reading about it. Finally my weekends are slowing down as my kids are getting older and not as many are involved in sports. I do remember those days though. Ugh!!! Try to enjoy, it goes by fast.