Friday, April 3, 2009




It isn't fair, I tell you...This is where Tanner will be for the next 4 days...Santa Barbara. He was lucky enough to be invited to his friend's family beach house in Santa Barbara. Where was my invite? Oh well.


Tonight, I get to go out with some lovely ladies that I have become friends with through football, of all things.


I remember, about 6 years ago, complaining to my friend who lives near but not close enough to hang out with all the time, that I had no friends and all the moms at the elementary school Tanner went to, didn't seem interested in striking up a new friendship with me. She asked me if there was anyone through Tanner's sports that I could possible connect with....I remember telling her no, he wasn't really into sports yet.(& friends w/people from sports, for some reason I thought that was weird) Then, lo & behold, he starts football and we have now made numerous friends & connections associated with football....


We are meeting at Zito's Bar & Grill in Tustin...and I can't wait for my glass of red wine...sounds good after a long, stressful week of work!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Santa Barbara!! I can't even imagine having a beach house there. Lucky Tanner!! I hope you had a great girls' night out. I am in the same position of not really having a group of girls, so I take any opportunity I can get. I have met some really nice people through football, and I am going in May to a party thrown by one of the football moms. She is Indian and will have a full homemade feast, that all the guest participate in making.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I think as we get older we don't have as much time to "try out" new friendships. It gets harder to break into a new circle of friends, but when we have young kids there will always be opportunity. Enjoy your night out but don't forget all your scrapbookin' friends!!!