Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Monday, Oct 13th

Here is what we saw out of our kitchen window yesterday about 10:00 am....I stayed home from work because I wasn't feeling well, and I was looking forward to channell surfing as I laid on the couch. The electricity went out about 9:30 and then all of sudden we heard helicopters, very loud and close...sure enough they looked like they were going to come down in our yard. They were dropping water on the hillside where an electric pole went down in the wind. Very scarey!!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

caroline o said...

WOW great photos.... that is scary. Soren is all freaked about the fires - he is so me!

Anonymous said...

Did you use your telephoto lens or were you that close????? Scarey - but great pics...

Shelley E said...

ok- I took pictures, but these are not them...I still use FILM, yes, film so I am not done with the roll yet....but I am sure my pictures will be just as good! LOL!

Cristina said...

I hope everything calms down around your area Shelley. Please keep us up to date should anything change.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, Scary! Nevermiind the telephone pole the helicopter looks like it's going to crash! Great pictures. I 'm sure yours are just as good!

Gabrielle Mader said...

great pictures..i'd be scared too.

Temeculamom said...

So scary! I'm glad everything was okay. I hate wild fire season around SoCal.