Monday, October 27, 2008

"Crazy"

That was the girls cheer competition theme...You can't really tell here, but the girls had their hair in high pig-tails and then the hair was ratted out. It looked really cute. I have to say, I am going to be one of "those" moms and say - THEY SHOULD HAVE WON!!! Seriously! They did so well- their stunts, jumps everything...but they didn't even place. Several other coaches made comments like- "wow, they nailed it"- "you guys have it for sure". What happened? We don't know yet, but our Cheer coordinator is going to get the score sheets to see what happened. There is speculation that because the girls were in the novice group (beginner) and their routine was so hard (& very fast) that our coaches were trying to represent our girls as beginners when they weren't. How about alot of long practices??? Maybe? I mean more than half of our squad had never cheered before!! Oh well, move on stage mother, right? ;)

Riley is the short one...if you couldn't tell with their hair all funky! :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gabrielle Mader said...

I know....I'm one of those Moms...or coaches...Madison's soccer team is almost in last place but I think we should be in first..I really do!! They are coming together now..we just have such a dorky coach....you wouldn't believe what he has them do. that is a story for our "night" out...we need one..i miss everyone

Cristina said...

They were robbed! :)

I love watching cheerleading, at any age. There's so much enthusiasm.

My sister cheered all through HS and then onto college. In HS their team made it to Nationals in Florida 2 years in a row.

Riley's smile is so big and contagious in this shot!

Anonymous said...

Wow she looks just so grown up!
I don't miss the competitions that much... so loud huh?
Allie starts competition season in Dec. here we go again. You will be much more relaxed about it if she is still cheering in high school. And I have to admit Florida was my favorite part.

Gabrielle Mader said...

Boo! Check back my blog for a treat if you dare....

Temeculamom said...

Oh, that is always so hard. Cheer competitions can be so frustrating that way. But they look great, and it is nice to know they nailed it!