Friday, May 9, 2008

Muffins with Mom...

Today was Muffins with Mom day at Riley's school - in celebration of Mother's Day. It was fun to take her & Tanner to school and then stay for the Friday assembly. I haven't ever done that- in the 6 years that the kids have been going to school there. It kind of makes me sad...

We got to have iced tea with our muffins and each child gave their mom a yellow rose and a big heart shaped card that had a picture of each child with something they wrote about their mom. I really liked what Riley wrote about me...too cute.

She also showed me that she had entered a essay contest through a jewelry store in Newport- Diamonds for Mom. They were to write why their mom deserved a diamond...her essay was picked, not for a diamond but a garnet. We get to go to the jewelry store and pick one out...isn't that cool??? This little girl makes me happy, I just wish she wasn't such a pill sometimes... ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! Can I read it?

Cristina said...

Very cool. Big congrats to Riley!

Anonymous said...

How col, an award winning author in the family! She is your twin Shelley. i am glad you got to enjoy all the fun Mother's Day stuff at their school. They are so sweet at this age and they love to please mom. Hope you had a great M.day!