Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cheesy Quinoa Bites
(image from So Very Blessed)

I have been wanting to try quinoa for awhile and I finally found a quick & easy recipe on Pinterest to try.  You can find the original recipe at So Very Blessed.  I made a few tweaks to it. 


Here is my version:


1 cup cooked quinona
1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 stalks green onion diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
1 T flour
kosher salt
freshly ground pepper.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together all the above ingredients
Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin pan, (using a 1 heaping T)
Bake for approximately 15 minutes.


I made up my own aioli sauce-  using mayonnaise (which I normally dislike) pepper, minced garlic & lemon.


So, really what I did was cut her recipe in half, leave out the cilantro (yuck!) leave the amount of garlic, green onion & cheese the same (and changed the type of cheese).  It was really good.  I ate a WHOLE mini muffin pan myself!  Hopefully it wasn't too fattening.  Since both the sauce & bites had garlic in them, I am pretty sure I kept the vampires away last night!  ;)


No comments: