Monday, June 20, 2011

Adirondack chair


So I have been wanting an adirondack chair, like forever and I finally found one at Ace Hardware that was affordable- but it came with a catch- I had to stain it and put it together.


I got all the pieces out and got to work....

I had to put on 3 coats of stain along with 3 coats of sealer...then put it together. It looks a little crooked in this picture- but it isn't - really.


I want it at the front door, but M says that it will get "baked" there just as our front door has.....re-staining the front door is one of our next projects. Oh, and pretend that the containers at the door have some pretty flowers in them...

So what do you think- does the chair look stupid there?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! I love it anywhere! I have a project for Larry (wishful thinking) that would look so good at your front door and save it from the sun. It's a wooden over the door trellis...wish I could post a picture. I am sitting here on the computer wishing it was over my bedroom slider.

Cristina said...

I like the chair there. :-) BTW... Love the stone work around your door, very pretty!

caroline o said...

I posted last time and it didn't show up - very nice job...love the chair by the door.