Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Why is it that whenever I am down, the things I think about are the things I want to buy or do for the house?  Which I cannot afford to do, so then that makes me even more depressed?  I mean really – what the heck is wrong with me?

My new obsession, I mean project, is redoing T’s bathroom.  I have bought a few things to fix it up, but now I really want to rip out the tile on the floor.  He has black granite (with gray flecks) on his vanity.  What do you think about these ideas for the floor:
  this is what his vanity looks like- if I got that for the floor it would be too matchy-matchy, huh?

  what about this or…..

  this is for the wall- but do you think I could find this for the floor? 

I found this…  this is for the floor, but I like the above one better…help

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm horrible at decorating, hence why the house we bought hasn't been painted yet! lol We finally got around to removing all the screws and nails the old owners left, we need to putty and have the various rooms painted. I've been putting it off because I have no idea what colors I want. Tony says it's up to me... But I don't want to make the decision. lol

Cristina

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am not good at that either!! I agree that too much dark black would be too matchy and too dark, though. I really like that second to last tile a lot! Cristina, you are lucky. My husband always has an opinion, and it is always "no". I finally learned to stop asking, at least on the little things. With the big things, I always lose, and I always hate what we get; hence I hate almost all our furniture. Sad, huh? ;p Shelley, I like the direction you are headed. I understand not being able to afford what you want. I think a lot of people are in that same boat right now.

Anonymous said...

I love the one you said is for the wall. I am sure it could be used on the floor as well. Is it "germ"-free for poor T yet?

Shelley E said...

I am working on it being "germ" free. He doesn't like the floor tile for some reason. I got a quote to reglaze the bathtub....$500.00!!