Thursday, January 29, 2009

Angel's Delights Cookbook



This is Mark's favorite dinner...he absolutely loves this and cooks it himself (which doesn't bother me at all ;) ). As you can see by the stains, it gets alot of use!! We are having company this weekend so I brought the whole recipe book with me to work so I can get the ingredients needed when I grocery shop at lunch (fun lunch, huh?)

Anyway, as I was looking at the recipe book, it always reminds me of the woman who put all of her recipes together in here. Her name was Susan and she was my best friends Caroline and Cami's mom...she passed away from cancer in 1996...it doesn't seem that long ago. Every time I use any recipe out of here I think of her, and when we celebrate Tanner's birthday I know that it is bittersweet for Car & Cami because he was born on her birthday...why all this today? Well their birthday is on Sunday and when I got this out this morning it made me a little weepy....I thought I would post this so you could try it too- I don't know if you can read the below or not, but this is what Susan wrote on the back of the recipe book. She was a wonderful person and I really miss her....
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see why that would be bittersweet, but I think it's so wonderful that you think of her every time you make that recipe. It sounds good and easy. I am going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe and the story behind it!

caroline o said...

OKAY...I'm crying, you are so lovely and no wonder the 3rd daughter in our family. I love that Tanner was born on her birthday... makes me smile on a day I get sad. I love the stains on the recipe book - so funny! I think it is so wonderful you make this recipe..I have never done it, think I might make it Sunday night!
love you tons, caroline xxox

Gabrielle Mader said...

ahhh what a bittersweet memory. Happy Birthday to Tanner. that recipe looks yum...I love chicken every which way. So what time should I be over?

Anonymous said...

How sweet Shelley. Recipes passed down are usually the best, filled with love. I am going to try this it sounds easy and delicious. Perfect for me!

christy p said...

Wow....I love this post. I think that is awesome how it reminds you of her.

I am going to try that recipe.