Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I haven't posted in a few days because I have nothing really exciting to say...I read other blogs all the time and I get such inspiration from them, or they make me laugh...and well, my blog is just plain boring. I notice that alot of people come to my blog as a link to the other blogs I mentioned...oh well, at least they look.

We had a great time at Mom & Larry's for our Wine Tasting Italian Dinner. Mom had the front porch set up so cute, as well as the dinner table in the game room. Thanks for doing all that mom. Sorry we ate so late everyone.

I was going thru pictures from Wyoming and I came across this picture of Riley & Tanner. I don't know if you can tell, but the river is very wide here and we were going to all go fishing, but we had to cross the river to get to the best fishing spot. Riley didn't really want to get her feet wet (I think she was scared but didn't want to say that), so Tanner picked her up and carried her across. I think I will need to show them this picture whenever they start being mean to each other. The last night we were in WY - Tanner, Mark, Janet & I were playing bridge (yes, Tanner & I learned to play on this trip and he is already better at than me) and Riley was laying on the couch asleep. We said something about how cute she looked and Tanner said "yay, Riley is pretty cute, she is pretty cool and I like her, but don't tell her I said that." We all started laughing... too funny...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Aweeee. Cute catch!

I know what you mean about not having anything to write on your blog. I felt the same exact way. Then I decided that I was writing this for myself, and if others liked it, bonus. If not, oh well. I have a friend that's constantly telling me that I don't talk enough, but I know they read my blog and that definitely opens up lines of communication.

Besides... I love seeing the photos your post and what's going on in your life. Keep on blogging girlfriend!

Shelley E said...

Thanks Cristina! :) You are right- I started this to write for myself as well, I need to remember that!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT STORY! How come my grandkids are cuter and smarter than everyone elses????? LOL
I am quite proud of Tanner, truly!

Gabrielle Mader said...

I don't think your blog is boring...Like Cristina said..do it for yourself. I know lots visit my site but I hardly get comments...that's ok. We get to peek into your everyday life so we know what is going on since we dont' see each other regularly.

I'm sure Tanner is very protective of his sister..wait until she starts dating.....siblings!!