Monday, July 16, 2012

Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red Peppers, Avocado & Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
(Picture & Original recipe from Once upon a Chef)

Black Bean Salad with Corn, Red Peppers, Avocado
with Lime Vinaigrette
Ingredients
1 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can of sweet corn
1 red bell peppers, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T minced shallots
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 T sugar
4 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lime zest
3 T fresh lime juice
1 avocado, chopped
Mix all ingredients, except avocado in medium bowl. Let sit in the fridge for an hour or so (or overnight) when getting ready to serve, add avocado. 

We ate this with tortilla chips- it was SO GOOD.

The original recipe called for cilantro, but I cannot stand it, so I didn't add it. I added the avocado before I served it, but we had leftovers and ate it the next day- the avocado did not brown up, probably because of the lime juice. I also used canned corn, instead of right off the cobb. I heated up my corn in a pan to try to give it a grilled flavor...

No comments: