Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gorgonzola Garlic Bread
(picture & original recipe can be found at Plain Chicken)


Gorgonzola Garlic Bread

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
salt
pepper
1 loaf sourdough bread
(Parmesan cheese)

Preheat broiler.

Cream the butter with the gorgonzola cheese. Mince garlic and add to cheese mixture; season with salt & pepper. Slice bread in half lengthwise. Spread cheese mixture on half of bread. (Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese)

Place bread under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut into slices and serve.

This was really yummy! The kids even liked it because I didn't tell them that there was gorgonzola on there. The original recipe called for parsley, which I don't like nor did I have. I also didn't put any fresh parmesan on as I didn't have any- I think it probably didn't need it. I used sourdough bread, the original recipe called for an Italian loaf. I think my bread must have been a large loaf as the above amount only was enough for one half of the bread. I will definitely make this again!

No comments: