Thursday, January 6, 2011

We watched a little bit of a new show the other night on TLC- Extreme Couponing.  Did anyone catch the show? 


 WOW- is all I can say.  We saw one woman with her husband shop for almost 4 hours, have 9 shopping carts full of candy bars, pasta, gatorade & some other stuff.  Retail was over $1500, but she only paid $57...but really what in the heck is she going to do with all that stuff?  And she had to pay $70 for some of the coupons.  When you see their stockpile at home- it's like a store.  And they have toilet paper to last them for 40 years....I think it is a little nutty if you ask me.  


Don't get me wrong, I love to have coupons for the things I use, but I am not going to buy 125 candy bars because I am going to get them for only $5...

3 comments:

caroline o said...

I want to watch that one -I look at tons of money saving blogs and I swear when I try to do it, it cost me more money. Sure is opposite of your previous post where they are minimalist... But so of the tips could be good.
Going to tape it today...

Unknown said...

Haha! I watched that too. Those were some crazy people. I'm all for saving money but those people have an addiction to couponing and stockpiling. They could never use all that stuff if they tried. At least donate some of it.
Now you need to watch My Strange Addiction. I feel more normal everyday...

Anonymous said...

I worked with a guy whose wife had such a coupon obsession that he had to build a structure in his yard to house all of her stuff!! Once she put it away she didn't even know what she had. Can't see buying things you wouldn't normally eat or use. And, sometimes the coupon items still cost more then "plain wrap"