Monday, January 3, 2011

The other day I was reading this article about a zero-waste household.  They have virtually no trash…they compost everything, they recycle, reuse, etc.  I have to be honest, I was fascinated by the way they live.  I mean, how can you have no trash?! There are some great ideas to take away from this article and I already do a couple, but, seriously, no trash?  It is exhausting to think about how I would accomplish this.  Ever since I read this though, I find myself thinking how wasteful I am when I use saran wrap instead of a container,  or I throw away something, etc.  Great just what I need- another thing to stress over!

1 comment:

caroline o said...

This is a bit over the top - and obviously they are crazy organzied...If we only implemented part of what they do it would help our carbon footprint....I'm going to sew some bags that you put your produce in at the store...