Monday, December 6, 2010

We stayed at Paradise Point in San Diego for Tanner's last Pop Warner football game - ever. He has played for the last seven years! I cannot believe he will be a freshman next year, hopefully playing freshman football. It is going to be so hard not seeing all of the football families anymore, as so many of the boys are going on to different high schools...we have had so much fun with them! Tanner scored on a fumble...the first defensive play of the game! It was very exciting to watch. I, of course, forgot my camera and I have no pictures from his last game, nor did I take any pictures during the season? What's wrong with me?

Anyway, the resort was nice, the kids had fun swimming in the heated pool...Jake had so much fun that he feel asleep with his head on my lap at dinner Saturday night. I think he had too much fun swimming.

We got home and the kids wanted to get a Christmas tree...normally I go to Home Depot for a tree but they dry out so fast! We went to Peltzer Pines and cut one down- hopefully it will last a little longer. I left the house this morning with Christmas boxes everywhere...not done decorating! Now the kids will want presents to go under that tree!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place to stay, Shelley! And cutting down your own tree is such a nice thing to do together as a family! I can't believe you will have a high schooler next year. Me too. My daughter turned 14 yesterday.