Friday, September 24, 2010

A couple of days ago, Tanner asked me to get him some books for his Language Arts class, it seems he waited until the very last minute (no, not Tanner) to tell me he needed a book to read in class. He has to do 2 book reports a month! Wow, that's a lot of reading.

Anyway, I of course, loved the idea of picking out age appropriate books for Tanner. I searched Barnes & Noble online in the "Teen" section for something that I thought he would enjoy reading and in the process- maybe he would get something out the book. I had about 6 books that I wanted to buy him, but when I got to the bookstore I could only find 2 of them. (I couldn't order online because he needed the books that day!!) I brought the books home and he picked the book below to read first. It is being made into a movie as we speak, I think that is why he chose it first.And I was glad he picked that one first because, being the book nerd that I am, I starting reading this book as I was waiting in line at the Taco Bell drive thru! I love it and I am having a hard time putting it down. It is a total page turner and it is easy reading since it was written for a much younger age group than mine! ;) I definitely hope Tanner will learn something from this book- the main one being, you never know how your actions/inaction will affect someone else.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool.....glad to hear he will be doing some reading. We can all learn something no matter what age we are. Tell the kids I miss them...