Tuesday, May 19, 2009

decisions, decisions...

I was cleaning up my scrapping desk and came across this photo of Jake & Tanner….I love this picture, you can see how much Jake looks up to Tanner just by the expression on his face….but this picture is not the reason for this post.

I think I am the worst decorator…I need someone to come in & redecorate for me!!

I have 3 things that I want to hang in my scrap area/room and I am so bad at figuring out what to hang, what to move etc. I think I am afraid to hang anything on the wall because I don’t want a big hole in the wall if I decide I put it in the wrong place, so then I just don’t do anything with it. How do you guys figure it out??? I need someone else’s eye….(besides Mark- if I left it up to him, nothing would ever be on the wall or it would be hung up so high, I couldn’t see it!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way. I used to cut out pieces of newspaper the size of the pictures/items I wanted on the wall and then taped the paper up to see if they looked OK

Gabrielle Mader said...

I hear ya sister..everytime I live Troy to hand up something it's always way too high. I just put something on the way for awhile and see if I like it...it's not hard to patch and paint.

Anonymous said...

Okay, first, that picture is so sweet! I see why you love it! Secondly, I have more art on the floor than on the walls for the very same reason! One thing I saw on a decorating show was, someone traced each painting (or whatever) on brown kraft paper, then masking taped it up to the wall in the place where she thought she wanted it. At least it gave a good idea of what an art piece that size would look like in that spot. Once she found where she wanted it, she could put in the nail (screw, anchor-whatever) in right through the kraft paper and then hang the art. Hope that helps!

Cristina said...

I'm right there with you Shelley! Anonymous has a good idea of taping paper to the wall, and seeing if you like the locations. I may have to try that.