Tuesday, March 31, 2009


Why is it, that when I think about what I want to say on the blog, when I sit down to write, the words never come out right? If I could have any dream career, it would be as a writer, but sadly THAT will never happen.


Anyway, I am feeling a little melancholy today...had a rough day at work yesterday, need to do some soulsearching and then Tanner had a HORRIBLE baseball game. I won't bore you will all the gory details, but Tanner's team is in last place, they have won 1 game....this is Tanner's second year as a "major" and on a losing team. The way it is "suppose to" work is that when a team has a losing record one year, the next year they get first round picks at the draft (they play on majors for two years) and their team is suppose to have a better season. Anyway, as is with anything, there are ALWAYS politics...and lo & behold his same team is losing again!!! I know how frustrating it is for the kids, coaches & parents - we had to watch our boys lose their confidence, their will to even want to play last night- they lost 16-0....it was hard to watch.


Tanner is usually a very confident, easy going boy- but last night he had a full meltdown...crying, screaming (you get the picture). He was going to quit the team, they sucked, he sucked, etc. He is like me, he holds all his problems in & then sometimes you just have to let go- you end up saying things you don't really mean. Needless to say, we won't allow him to quit and after he calmed down, we went to dinner, (I wasn't cooking after that episode) and he decided that he needed to walk over to Big 5 for a new batting helmet (his was cracked & the ump made him use another in the game yesterday - that was the start of his insults... ;) )!!!


This morning he talked about how he was having batting practice today & maybe he should start wearing his batting glove....I told him "whatever works to get you out of the slump"...he just laughed- I think he will be okay...

2 comments:

caroline o said...

UGH - this is the part of parenting I hate, don't you just want to pull the covers over your head...I will pray for Tanner and his new helmet and gloves to do the trick. Poor guy! Good for you guys not letting him quit - see this gives him good practice when he has to deal with yucky work issues someday - I want to quit sometimes too! Like today but I know I must fight on. xxox cars

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry. We have definitely been in that situation too, and you did a great job helping him stick to his commitment. I do admire those bloggers who write so fluently. I tend to slap down exactly what I want to say with a bare minimum of fuss and flourish. But then I read someone else's blog and think, "oooh! I wish my blog sounded like this!" :)