Friday, March 6, 2009


Here is my first attempt at re-covering some old chairs we had....isn't the before picture just lovely? These chairs are 14 years old, they are from our first dining room table set.

And here is the after...not bad, if I do say so myself. I only have two chairs left from the set, so I didn't need much fabric. I went to JoAnn's and I found this really pretty fabric, but it was $29.00 a yard (which was all I needed). I almost bought it until I went to their sale section and found the above fabric for $7.00. I thought that was much better to buy since I wasn't even sure how it would turn out. I bought a few more things that day, so I wasn't paying attention to the price of the fabric. I was thinking though, that it seemed awfully cheap...well the fabric was $1.00, I covered both chairs for .50...how is that for thrifty? :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gabrielle Mader said...

that's mighty thrifty...you go girl!

Anonymous said...

They look like new! Great job Shell!

Anonymous said...

Great job! And .50 cents is amazingly thrifty!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Shelley.
What a bargain!!!

christy p said...

LOVE a great deal...and I LOVE the chairs!!!