Thursday, February 26, 2009

What is this you ask? Well, let me tell you...one of Riley's chores is to empty the dishwasher. She has been doing this for at least 6 months or so. She is too short to put away the plates & cups so she leaves them on the counter for me to put away. Well, about a month into the process, I realized that she would stack them in these little patterns. She never said anything to me, just left them there to see if I would notice. Finally one day I asked her about it- she said she likes to make different configurations and she loves designing things- so I present to you- Riley's Dish Designs.....isn't she funny?



Please note: I realize that my glasses are cloudy - it is our water. I have tried everything that I can to get them to be clear, put vinegar & baking soda in the dishwasher, change detergents, etc...does anyone have any ideas....
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gabrielle Mader said...

install a water softerner...my kids have to empty the dishwasher too...one does the top load and the other the bottom I put away the silverware.

caroline o said...

buy new glasses, that is what we do. Mike wants a water soften, but I don't like them. our water isn't good to drink but doesn't cloud up our glasses too bad. she is very creative...

Shelley E said...

I know we should have put in a water softener when we built the house, but at the time we didn't have the extra money for it....now for sure we don't! :(

Cristina said...

Shelley, you have a designer on your hands, too cute.

I noticed you have a Turley glass. My ex loved that winery. He even bought a baseball cap from them. lol

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I love it! My Zachary used to stack up the dishes into a "city", and he would explain it all to me in detail.