Wednesday, February 11, 2009


So, about that dinner….

We went to a restaurant inside of Treasure Island where we were staying. It was called Social (Pan Asian cuisine)- the sign said, Social- Sushi, Sake, Socializing. And we all thought it sounded “fun”- which it was. There were six of us and we decided after we looked at the menu & talked to our waiter that we would do the “family style” chef’s recommendations. The waiter also knew that I was a vegetarian, so he said he would bring me separate items.

We had our own little room to dine in and we were served 9 courses…it took three hours! We each had a beverage (one) with our dinner…and the food was really good, I mean really good, but $725.00 good? I don’t think so. When we got the bill, we were all “shocked” for lack of a better word. I guess because we didn’t specify a dollar amount that we would like to spend the waiter just went to town on us. Maybe we had ‘Suckers’ written across our foreheads? Not sure.

There is a reason why I haven’t been to Las Vegas in 14+ years, and that would be one of them. It is hard for me to accept their inflated prices on EVERYTHING, and I am not a gambler, AT ALL…I never even touched a slot machine while we were there.

The dinner was an experience, truly. It was fun, we had good conversations & laughs, but……

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! At least you enjoyed it. I have not been there since Ashley competed. It is not my favorite city so unless there is a good reason I avoid Vegas. Now I know why! I hope the girls did well!

Cristina said...

Unlike you and Pam, I LOVE Vegas. It's a fun and exciting city for me. I don't gamble, but I love seeing shows and going out to dinner while there. I wouldn't want to live there, but visiting two times a year is good to me. lol

And OMG! About the food. I once went to a restaurant were the price was just as much, and the food was mediocre. Not a good combo. lol

Also, for as long as I've known you... I had no idea you were vegetarian!