Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Opinions/help needed....please...


Ok, here is the deal...we are going camping over Thanksgiving and we are having a wonderful feast on that day....I am making yams. I got the "recipe" (if you can even call it that) from one of the girls in my bunco group- her grandmother gave it to her like this...."use a little bit of this and put in some of that" - type thing....


So my question is this...can I bake the yams on Tuesday, place them in the cassarole dish for the final baking on Wednesday? Or will that make them yucky? I have to slice the yams into "hockey pucks" & remove the skin....


What do you all think?

3 comments:

caroline o said...

i have no idea that is why I didn't pick yams...just kidding I'm sure they will be fine.

Anonymous said...

Shelley I think they will be fine. I wouldn't cook them until they are super soft though, they might get too mushy. Although if you like the mushy that would be fine. You should be able to prepare them and then refrigerate them. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Yams can definitely be reheated a second day. Have fun camping!!